Kids will explore a variety of mediums and get a wide range of arts experiences.
Barnett Arts Studio & Schmalz ClassroomMadden Arts Center125 N. Water St.
Wednesdays, Feb. 3 - March 24, 2021- 12:30-2 p.m.
This series packs a lot into eight weeks! With veteran instructors Jennifer Stout and Connie Brewster, students will learn art principles by exploring a variety of art mediums and techniques to create their own masterpieces; art appreciation using observation, critical thinking, vocabulary, and discussion skills; and art history investigating the life and work of master artists from across the ages.
Spring 2021 topics include;
- Limbourg Brothers- illuminated book pages
- Raphael- one-point perspective family portaits
- Manet- still lifes on canvas
- Degas- crayon resists in motion
- Jacob Lawrence- moving figure prints
- Faith Ringgold- Paper collage quilts
- Alexander Calder- Stabiles
- Claes Oldenberg- everyday objects sculptures
Projects will vary a bit by age to accommodate different skill levels.
- Current health guidelines will be followed.
- Masks are required.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available.
- Distancing will be observed as much as possible.
- Class sizes will be limited to 50% room capacity.
- Additional sessions will be added if numbers require.