Kids will explore a variety of mediums and get a wide range of arts experiences.
Barnett Arts Studio & Schmalz ClassroomMadden Arts Center125 N. Water St.
Mondays, Sept. 14-Nov. 2, 2020 - 12:30-2 p.m.
This series packs a lot into eight weeks! With veteran instructors Jennifer Stout and Connie Brewster, students will learn art principles by exploring a variety of art mediums and techniques to create their own masterpieces; art appreciation using observation, critical thinking, vocabulary, and discussion skills; and art history investigating the life and work of master artists from across the ages.
Fall 2020 topics include;
- Ghiberti- Florentine relief with metal tooling
- Michelangelo- Fresco on plaster
- Linnaeus- Botanicals colored pencil
- Audubon- Birds in watercolor and ink
- Millet- Landscape in oil pastel
- Homer-Cloudscape- charcoal and pastel
- Mondrian- Straight lines acrylic on canvas
- Klee- Continuous line mixed media
Projects will vary a bit by age to accommodate different skill levels.
- Current health guidelines will be followed.
- Masks are required.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available.
- Distancing will be observed as much as possible.
- Class sizes will be limited to 50% room capacity.
- Additional sessions will be added if numbers require.